molding fix

Finally decided to fix the passenger side molding that has gotten detached and been hitting the fender.
I peeled it a little and start cutting the adhesive with a flat razor top and bottom. 
Whatever adhesive I could peel with my fingers I took off. A little acetone and a micro fiber rag took the rest of with a little help from a finger nail here and there.

I used a nylon bristled wheel on a drill to clean the adhesive off from the molding.

after wiping it down with acetone, i applied two 1 inch 3m brand molding strips the length of the molding.
I put 3 strips of masking tape on the front face of the molding and taped it to the side of the car a little low and peeled the tape gradually moving it up from side to side until I was happy.
I flipped it up and started to peel the top adhesive strip. I probably should have started both because it was hard to start the bottom after the top was adhered.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo