power steering rack line seals

I finally decided to stop the leak that leaves a ton of fluid on my garage floor. I ordered the maximum motorsports rack seal kit. The instructions say you need to be clean before applying the sealant to the threads. I drained the rack and purged the rack after the lines were off so I could get rid of that little bit of fluid in the ports.
i decided to completely remove and flush the lines to install the nylon seals. And have them stay clean through the install.
the old one was chewed and the one that looks like new, wasn't installed right.
Used the 2 screw driver method to gently stretch the rings out. 
Then of course I take a break and get COVID. So 2 days later I am posting the pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

water pump redo