more harness install and cluster shroud bracket repair

I accomplished a great deal today.
I test fitted the shroud and decided I needed to repair the left top dash mount.
it was split and very weak and floppy.
i made a cardboard template and bent it to shape.
i traced it on to some 18 ga scrap probably from the OE gas tank.
i cut the rough shape with snips.
i bent it and made the final trim marks and removed the excess with an angle grinder.
i broke the loose piece off and trimmed the remaining mount with a hack saw blade. Then I used a razor on a scrapper to make it flush.
i drilled two mounting holes in the bracket and used the rubber bumper plug to the left of the mount for a screw, then I drilled a second hole in the dash.
i test fitted the bracket with both screws cleaned and painted it with epoxy black.
i installed it wet and scratch the paint. I sprayed some paint in the cap and dabbed the scratches and screw heads with a Q tip.
i put the steering column back into place and connected all the wires. I connected all the kick panel plugs and pushed them into the well in the kick panel. 
i used the push pin zip ties to secure the harness and battery cables to the kick panel.
There are 3 wires left to deal with, the tach signal which is disconnected for now. The dash speaker and the OE door speaker plug which I am not using.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo