the dreaded HEATERCORE

So I ran the car for a good 40 min. It ran cool for about 25 min. Then gray smoke started coming from the vents tells me I need to do the dreaded heatercore. I sort of knew it needed it. No coolant pooling on the floor board but steam out the vents has been noticed.
Basically it had pressure until the over flow tank filled up, and then the coolant started to boil where the heater return line goes back into the motor. 
Luckily most of the interior is still out, so it's 6 nuts to drop the column, 7 dash bolts, and 5 heater box bolts. (I know it's going to be a pain which is why I expect multiple sittings.) I may choose to pull the cluster bezel just to be thorough.
I also need to resolder and wrap up some wires in there anyway and I'll deal with headlight switch.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo