The great battle of the seat belt bolt was won.

The great battle of the seat belt bolt was won.

After trying 4 different ways of removing this annoying bolt over 3 sittings, I had to take a drill and tap to it and some still remains in the hole.

I sliced the head and hit
 it with a old school impact driver from the top and the bottom, cut the channel wider and stuck a piece of angle iron with a pipe wrench into it. I welded a bolt to it and the bolt sheared in the middle, not even at the weld. I hammered a socket over the bolt and that just removed material. I heated it up until the paint around it bubbled.

Finally I just used a 1/4 drill bit and went through it and then a 3/8 bit which is the largest I can go with a small chuck drill. Then a 7/16 tap with a 1/4 inch socket extension upsidedown to get the clearance to actually turn the tap.












Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo