ECU Capacitors

 After replacing the fuel pump relay with one that has a clip. The car stalled and the fuel pump doesn't prime. I decided it's time to dig into the ecu. The problem exists between the ECU and the relay and since it would run for 5-7 minutes, I figured it wasn't in the wire harness especially since I went over it carefully while rewrapping the harness. 

There are tons of pictures and videos of the 3 capacitors that eventually fail in the ford eec iv ECU. 

I pulled my A9P and removed the 6 torx screws.


Guess what, 2 of the 3 capacitors show signs of failure.



You can see the wad of black goop below the blue capacitors and the green corrosion on the leg. So I ordered the capacitors off ebay for $9. I could get a hundred of each for $12 but I don't have storage for small components. 



Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo