making and adjustable striker

I started the creation of the adjustable striker for the hood. 
First thing was to figure out how far off we are. 
I latched the lock and used a caliper very informally and got .66 when fully latched. 
Then I put a bit of clay in the lock and shut the hood. I used the witness mark in the clay and measured again that the latch was sitting .76 from the housing.
I found a piece of scrap .12 thick so roughly 12ga or an 1/8 inch.
I cut a metal coupon and marked and center punched it around the pop riviets.
I need low profile hardware which should be here in a few days. Black zinc screws and nylon nuts. This way I can add washers behind the stricker if I need more depth.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo