fitting the hood

So I threw the hood on. The glass hood isn't the best fit. Its short a half inch, so I extended the hinge holes to at least flush it the fenders and grill. I battled the latch before I blew it apart and the war continues. It's the strike plate on the hood, it's just janky. I am going to set it how I want the hood, and fab a new adjustable striker. Basically I am going to put some clay into the latch and close the hood to see how far I am from it locking. Then I can use a caliper to figure out how low the striker needs to come.
Then I am going to cut the current striker into a U shaped plate and drill some holes. Bolts and washers to space the new striker down.
I also need to adjust the driver's side fender but I already knew that would need some attention.
I have a stock hood coming from a friend because I want to have one on hand and prep and paint it. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo