H-pipe out

 After 3 sittings I was finally able to get the stock h-pipe back off. 

The hanger bracket had to be unbolted from the transmission to get enough side to side play to unbind the header flanges. I rested the transmission on a 14 inch board to remove the hanger and crossmember. Then a board on a jack let me drop the h-pipe down and slide it out.

I'll use my make-shift transmission holder and ratchet strap the transmission to the jack. 

I also am going to leave the bell housing so I can reconnect the clutch cable and watch it to see if its releasing properly on the back of the clutch disc.

Then we get to see how much heat it takes to get the red locktight on the pressure plate bolts loose. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo