Stuck clutch 2

 So the clutch is stuck. I got the adjustable cable installed it got a nice firm line stwpped on the pedal and the cable goes floppy again. 

The stock adjuster isn't allowing any preload which means there's not enough throw. So I replaced the quadrant with a non adjustable piece and added a firewall adjuster. No big deal. Clutch feels firmer but I went down another rabbit hole. I figured id button up the drivers side splash guard and add just a hair of toe-in on the passenger side tie rod.

The tie rod end was rusty and the threads were junked up so I had to replace that just to get the car down again. 

Tomorrow we see if the clutch engages or if I am pulling it all back apart because I glued the clutch disc to the flywheel.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo