New fuel system

So after the second run I was able set the base timing, it is clear the fuel system is not providing enough fuel. It hunts for idle because of the cam, runs happy for 10 seconds and starts starving for fuel and running lean. That guess is based on headers getting super hot in the 30 seconds its actually running. The cause is certainly a clogged filter, but that clogged filter is caused by rust in the tank which I saw when draining the old fuel.
I ordered a new filter and screen but without dropping the tank i decided to just replace the tank and the pressure regulator in 1 go. 
The filter and screen are coming from rockauto and the tank, fill grommet and pressure regulator are from amazon. 
I have an old stock pump from a friend that will be plenty for a street car and was upgraded out of a running low mile car. The only other part i might need is the in tank connector hose.


I also ordered a new coil connector to finish up the engine bay wiring.

I need to tie all the wires back up and get the splash liner back into place.


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo