Thank you autoparts santa clause and more fan shroud

Ain't it great when autoparts Santa Clause comes. I got most of my brake parts so I can put the drivers side back together and start cleaning and rebuilding the passenger side caliper. Still to come are new front rotors and slide pin boots. The rotors I have were for a 94 -to 03 gt and the cobra rotors went 2 inches bigger in 94 when the calipers went 2 piston.

Into the fan shroud. I used a half inch steel plate with a baby blanket over it and hammered about the edges with the non marring side of the rubber hammer. It firmed up the oil canning that was happening and tightened up the folds. It's better then I thought it would look. I'll drill and pop rivet the corners and then plan out the fan cuts. I'd love to do a flange around the fans but then I get into mount it washers and all that jazz.
I have some rubber edge guard I will glue on the sharp edge facing the rad.
 I have quite a bit of stainless scraps I will make a serious set of brackets. Just have to decide how they will hook to the rad. Probably a long L shape that blends in. Possibly shiny pop rivets.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo