Transmission fun

So the cribbing idea to floor jack idea was a fail. It was really the sled. I lifted it and the angle was just off. I couldn't access the bolt to lock it to the jack. So i pulled it off the sled onto my chest and just didn't have enough power to lift it. On the dismount I dislodged the tail shaft plug and half the fluid ended up in my glove. 
 I regrouped and made a tiny little holder made of wood and bolted it to my jack that had a better angle. I drained the fluid at least what a 45 degree tilt would allow. I'll probably try the drain plug at another date. I balanced it in the holder and ratchet strapped it to the jack. Then wiggled and slid it under the car.
 A little closer and up
 Only inches.
 Jut the pilot bearing to go.
 It took some wiggling and up and down and a jab to clock it, but it finally seated.
I threaded 1 bolt finger tight and wiggled a little more until it seated all the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo