Floor pans sealer and primer

Last week I used the short stand fiberglass filler on the underside of the floor pans around welds and seams. I ended up ordering a good full face respirator after I found out how bad the fiberglass is to breath and how easy it gets in your eyes.

I tried a few tools to sand back the filler. A oscillating multi tool with a triangle sanding pad, a rotary multi tool with a 2 inch roloc sanding disc, and an angle grinder with a flap disc. I did the majority with the angle grinder and the rest with the rotary tool. Very messy job. Then I had to vacuum the floor and used a brush tool to vacuum the floorpan underside and inside the car.
I reprimered/sealed the underside of the pans.
After a vacuum and acetone wipe of the seams I started using the seam sealer on the inside of the floorpan. I think I got a defective product because even after punching a massive hole in the caulk tube seal and opening the application tip to a quarter inch it took all my strength to just get a little bead. It just did not flow. I heated it up in hot water and once it was out it felt like normal consistency of caulk but it just wouldn't squeeze out. I spent 3 hours fighting with it and got about half the interior done. I was really hoping to get top coating with por15 tomorrow but I doubt it. I will finish the seams, clean and top coat the engine bay.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo