It's been a minute, but some more progress

It's been quite some time since I last got into the garage. I haven't done much cause work got the best of me and I was discouraged with having a broken thumb. I painted the brake booster and began taping the engine bay for paint. Yes I still have the drivers side to do.
I took a dremel cutting wheel to clean off some light rust where the strut tower meets the frame rail.
Then sprayed it with phosphoric acid. I have left the engine bay raw metal for a few months with only the phosphoric etch to protect it in order to watch for stability. Everything looks good so I am getting ready to prime and paint and a little fibreglass for the welds. There's a little rush cause I want primer done before it gets too cold.

Another project I ended up doing recently is a hitch riser that I have had for 3 years has had the paint fail. I stripped as much as I could and gave it a week in a 50% vinegar bath. Rinsed it and scraped some more paint and then tested the phosphoric acid on it and it responded well. I am hoping to get that painted out also. The paint failure seems to be an adhesion type around the edges. It looks like it was bead blasted and dipped into a thin single stage gloss that reminds me of por15. My plan I will etch, prime and paint with chassis epoxy and we will see how long that lasts.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo