back together first start and runs then the OH NO!

Kinda gave up on photos because of the amount of grease anti seize and oil on my hands over the last 3 sessions.
I installed the passenger side header and realized all the exterior stud threads were toast. At least the ones outside the engine. The heater return tube and the dip stick relie on those to be mounted. Grabbed the right sized tap and die, the nuts were fine, and the threads inside the heads were good but the thread base channels had swelled with rust making even running a die on with antiseize difficult. 
After that the headers, heater pipe and dip stick went on with no trouble.
The a/c bracket, tensioner and fuel lines went on. The dip stick took some wiggles to go in. The rest of the front accessories went back on. 
I reconnected the alarm wire and wrapped it up under the upper intake. Heater hoses went on, I patched hard hose I cut with softline and clamps. The upper intake went back. All the vaccum lines hooked back in but I forgot to tighten down the EGR valve. 
The y pipe was a pain. I ratchet strapped it to move it around and eventually after a half day of being wedged under the car I threaded the 4 header bolts. I used a ratchet strap to control the dropp and 2 more to pull it forward and side to side. The jack helped give slack to tighten the straps. It would have been easier if the car was higher and not on a slanted driveway.
The first start everything worked but it ran rough and died if I came off the gas, a quick look over revealed a loose plug wire on #6. Then a check engine code mentioned egr pressure so I checked that and saw it was not tightened down.
Then I started and spit all the old coolant out the exhaust and smoked because of the anti seize on the exhaust manifold.
Did an oil change and filled the cooling system and bleed from the bleed bolt near the temp sensor. Then funnel bleed the system.
Checked all the fluids and found the brake reservoir empty, filled it up and found it running down the driver's rear frame rail. 
Well no test drive today. Order placed for both rear hoses and the center hose. If I have to patch the hardline I will get it done.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo