passenger side header removed and lower intake bolts removed

I removed the passenger side exhaust manifold. I had to remove cylinder 2's spark plug but other than that it came out easily even with the tranny dip stick in place.
I removed the lower intake bolts roughly following the detorque spec but honestly there were only 2 that were actually tight. The rest were very loose and that was probably the source of the leak.
i didn't break the seal yet because I knew I'd run out of time and I don't want it to spend the weekend open to the elements. I may pull rockers and push rods because I can put the valve covers back if I run out of time. I know the cleaning process is going to be a considerable amount of time.

I removed the collector to y pipe stude. 2 studs came out without a problem but the 3rd I had to weld a sacrifical wrench to and broke it free with a bar and cut the wrench away. Then I spun it off with vise grips.


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo