undoing bad wiring

The rabbit hole deepens as I pull back the wire wrapping. I removed all the old MSD box wiring that ran the box from the coil to the passenger side apron and later the passenger side foot well. (I removed the box to simplify and now the wiring is going back to stock. That was in the neighborhood of 10ft for each side of the coil.
Also (sheepish grin) I may have made or continued someone else's mistake that involves putting my electric fan controller inline with the hot side of the ignition coil. 
When I wired it I found a write up that said the red wire with the green tracer was hot key on. For some reason I thought it was the low coolant sensor but apparently it's the charge side of the coil. I believe that relates to fan drawing ahead of the coil. Also the tach signal was pulled off the negative side of the coil. I think I'll find a better way to wire that in since the OE tach still works.
Now that the coil tach and fan harness are separated from the dash harness, I can route the wires out of the wheel well and pull them back into the car and get on with the repair of the dash harness.
I re-wrapped the ecu side of the harness so I can reinstall the ecu and the blower box.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo