The "rust"oration of a 1991 Ford Mustang GT "foxbody" Cobra Clone.
Affectionately called Rusty Razors and Old Bones because thats what I found under the upper intake.
received the new harness
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Pretty happy I received the new used wire harness today and initial inspection is good.
There are a few more splices then described but I can take care of those in an hour.
Cut wires look like dash speaker wires which I was expecting.
The harness needs to be re-wrapped, and have the connections cleaned. I also need to add the headlight/foglight relay mod.
Installed the new flywheel. Installed the new clutch. Installed the clutch fork and throw out bearing And then the bell housing Installed a new transmission tailshaft seal. I built a sled to drag it into place under the car and there's a bolt that fits the center of my jack through the center board. I may have to pull the shift cause there's exactly 19 inches under the pinch weld and thats the same to the shifter nub.
I installed the cooling system yesterday. The upper rubber isolators were trashed so I asked my wife, what can you think of thats flat and rubber. She says how about old shoes. So I grabbed an old set of kids water shoes and some shears and just trimmed until they stuck into the brackets. I may paint them but for now it will work. I'll probably pick up all my fluids at once coolant, transmission, power steering. I still need a new fan. I am undecided on 2x 12 inch fans or replace the Taurus fan internals. The shroud is pretty nice but the draw is insane. I might just rewire it and give it a try with a new battery before I give up on it. I have a problem with my creeper it basically kicked all the bearings out of the casters. I have 4 nicer casters around the same size but the mounting points are 2x3 inches. So i am welding additions to the frame.
Not much going on on the fox body project. Honestly haven't had much time to enjoy driving it. Family/work gets in the way of wrenching and cruising. I have been working on the fuel system for the last few months because of the lean pops on startup before it's up to temp. I rolled the dice on a cheap set of ev1 24lb injectors. At the same time I got a injector tester. So the injectors all ended up being fine but the tester lasted 2 tests and then made me think the injectors were bad. That discouraged me for 2 weeks but then I put the injectors straight to a 12v source and they all clicked just fine causing me to go back and check the tester. a multi meter showed it wasn't pushing more than 4volts on any of the tests. When I went to install those I noticed a great deal of oil in the upper intake. Pcv can be a problem on foxes so I installed a cheap catch can between the pcv and the intake. That's been dry so far so I need to investigate further. i finally broke down an...