The cooling system

So the amazon fans didn't work out. Just not enough air flow. A friend offered to sell me an MAF for 24lb injectors. He also, by luck had a set of 2000 contour fans that came with a crack in the plastic.
I had a set waiting in the amazon cart to be ordered. After a good amount of trimming and bracket creation, I mounted and wired them.
I got the oe fan connectors and they cool it down nicely.

I have a fan kill switch to wire in but that's future.
Now the tps is acting up, if you stomp the gas and then try to start it, it would start for a second. Did base idle reset and no better. After changing the MAF I did a base idle reset and swapped the tps but I think they are both bad. The old one has dead spots and the new one isn't working well down low. I'll pick up a duralast one for $45 and it should hopefully fix it. Now with the right maf you hear the cam  and it revs out, plus you barely have to give is gas in first gear. But if I get on it, the car bucks like its jumping to WOT so definitely the tps.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo