miss wired headlights

Interesting thing. I think the last owners swapped the high beams for the regular headlights in the wiring. Then after they realized it, they removed the cluster bulb or burned it out. The car came with HIDs uninstalled and after market headlight pigtails. Finding a picture of an original pigtail to reference since the aftermarket wires are all black was not easy. (Actually after testing the functions it seems this is backwards) There is only 1 on ebay with the original colored wires. Fortunately I think I can repin the connection.
I went to the wiring diagram to check the color codes and there is actually a mistake in diagram. 
I tried it both ways and only red/black on the left works. If you think about it, the bulbs are wired the same left and right.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo