details and a little paint

Just with vibration and location the plastic tabs are no good at holding the alternator fuse cover in place so I slid a bungee in behind the base and drilled 2 tiny holes on the top.
i added a bit of paint to the grill, just a spray bomb for now but it's nice and shiny. A bit of trash in the clear but nothing I am concerned about to wet sand out. I touched up the grill opening just to coat the raw yellow plastic with black where it was trimmed for the cobra grill.
i remade one of the smaller ground effects brackets out of scrap galvanized gas tank metal. I'll paint it and then wax it heavily with wax ring. 
About a year ago, for an experiment I ground down the paint and coated a ball hitch riser in wax ring, which inadvertently turned into a door stop. It's been sitting on a damp concrete floor getting kicked around for a year and hasn't rusted at all. It hasn't even picked up that coating of dirt I expected. I think that should be good for a bracket that's hidden away out of the weather.
I decided I am shooting to have the car ready to go to this car show at the end of april. 

https://www.lisra.org/

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo