adding a heatercore restrictor

So reading up on changing the heatercore you come across the information about a restrictor used in later models recommend for the job. The reasons are clear enough that I agree it is a requirement. They are $10 or $12 bucks for a piece of plastic. There is also talk about using a stainless 3/8 1/4 inch socket. I have a ton of junk sockets but they are all plated and probably going to rust. So it's plastic or brass as an option. I poked around and was looking at my air tool attachments when I saw an old helium tank fitting.
a quick cut with a hacksaw and a little filing and sanding and it's perfect. 
Dropped it in and pushed it to the bend with the back of a rachet.
Next is the steering shaft may need some welds. There's some slip I want to take out. I want to remove it by only removing the shaft bolt and loosening the rack from the studs. Like the oe one. This way I know I don't need to collapse the 2 inner joints and the shaft adapter tip.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo