More things to solve

Being cautious I am only taking short drives, to see how the car will do. Hood off, with the fire extinguisher.

I corrected the loose radiator clamp, but there is probably now a bubble in the cooling system, so I need to burp it. On top of that the radiator cap is not sealing and it got pretty hot 210-220. (I sort of knew about this but thought it was solved). With a no name, aftermarket radiator, it is hard to find the right cap. I have tried a few and none give me a very good seal. The current cap stops coolant from pouring out, but only with a silicone ring added underneath. Its definitely steaming and we will see if it draws the coolant back in. I might have to spend the coin and get a new rad. Feels like a waste for a cap but I have been looking for a solution. Id even considered TIG welding a replacement neck on the current rad.

I would have liked to get gas today, but I am not about to go inside a small gas station, and the CC reader was not working. I stalled it more then a few times because I am a t5 noob. Probably more nervous because I don't want to rev it in a crowded gas station. 

The windows are missing the run channels and are rattling glass on metal so that needs doing. The window motors are in the mail and the run channels will be soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo