Ignition coil pigtail, tach signal wire, clutch saftey switch

So I had to take a break from the project. Working on my back on the gas tank caused some tension in my lower left shoulder and after a nap the next day it went into a knot/spasm. Instead of jumping back on the tank I did some wiring.

I didn't like the loose spade connectors at the ignition coil so I replaced it with a new pigtail. At the same time the tach signal wire which went to the msd box was wrapped and re ran to the drivers side fender and spliced into the negative side of the coil. Now it's all wrapped and clean.

While I was under the dash I found the reason why the car would start without the clutch pedal being depressed.

You can clearly see the jumper wire scabbed with good old twist and tape method to the saftey switch which was plugged into the clutch pedal. Before fixing I tested the switch with a multimeter for connection when pressed and it worked just fine. 

I could understand if the switch was broken and they needed it to run, but this unsafe hack is finally gone.

The wires didn't have any corrosion so I just removed the frayed jacket and painted it with liquid electrical tape.

Tomorrow when it's dry I will plug it back in.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo