Finishing up the brakes

So I dug into the brakes. First step examine the porportioning valve and flare fittings. They looked good but it was clear the outside connection was not bottoming out. I grabbed my cheap Chinese tap and die and ran the right die over the threads by hand. No more leaks.
Then I proceeded to run half a quart of brake fluid through the rear passenger side and the threads on the bleeder just keep leaking. I tried peddle pressential with a board and the hose dipped in a fluid source. I tried a vaccum bleeder and the bubbles just kept coming. 
I considered ordering new bleeder screws but it's just a pain to wait. Finally I googled leaky bleeder valve. While I found many people complaining about after they were closed mine was a problem when open. Then I came across the revolutionary advice "slather the valve and wrench head in heavy grease and slid it down over the threads after you open the valve" worked like a charm!

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo