Driveshaft and ground strap

I finished tightening down the drive shaft bolts. I'd like to torque them to spec but you can't fit the head of a ratchet in behind the bolt head. So a wrench and breaker bar should do. I put a pipe between the lugs so the axel wouldn't spin. Working alone it's faster then pulling the ebrake or putting it in 5th because you don't have get up off the creeper. 
I scraped the left over grease from the bottom of the diff. I need to take a wire brush and some brake clean to it too. It was all there before I redid the cover seal and there is no leaks from the rtv.
A small task but very important. Reattach the ground strap to the back of the head. Honestly I will replace it later cause it's pretty grody. A little if a knuckle buster to get to and the main vacuum line and bap sensor had to move while I did it.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo