Brakes

I decided today was a good day to start brakes. The story before I start was I knew the back was in bad shape. The front are passable. There was 1 slid pin stuck on each side. No grease at all. All the bolts came out without issue.
To get the slide pins out the first one I used heat and a pipe wrench. Started with just a degree or 2 of wiggle and worked it until I had about a half turn by hand.
I ended up using a pry bar on the bracket and the second one went straight to a quarter turn.
As you can see the piston is done and needs replacement. It's even missing the boot.

The passenger side rotor took 2 rounds of pb blaster and a 20 min beating with a bfh. 

So 4 new slide pins and boots, 1 brake piston and a seal kit and I can finish the rear brakes.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo