Motor back in its home

I couldn't resist putting it back in. Took about 2 hours but I also painted the underside of the he k-member. Well only a little sketchy, I needed to lengthen the front chain to clear the distribtor so I used a dog choker chain. I shortened the hook on the crane so the motor wanted to turn 90 degrees the whole time. I didn't want to lower the car because wheels are off so I needed that 2 inches to clear the ceiling. 
 The nubs on the passenger side motor mount didn't want to seat so a little twist and up and down 5 times and it dropped in.
For now I just have a piece of wood wrapped in fabric propping the motor against the firewall.
Tomorrow I'll scrub the back of the motor and throw on the block plate and fly wheel. If I do 2 or 3 things a night it could be done in a week. The punch list is still long.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo