Engine accessories install

I installed the power steering pump braket and a/c braket and a/c compressor. I do not like the ugly brown bracket but after 3 times scrubbing with purple degreaser and a wire brush and 1 power washer session, thats where it was. After its running I'll hit it with a flap disc and paint it. I think I'll probably paint all the accessory brackets grey together to match the water pump or if i can get it to a natural metal finish I will clear them.
 I was not as lucky on the alternator bracket where only 1 of the 3 bolts actually was correct. I ordered some 3/8-16 1.75" bolts for the bracket and some  3/8-16 nuts for the top alternator bracket which was some random undersized hex bolt and nut.
Now because of corona virus, I get to wait a week for bolts and nuts I could pick up at the store. 

Interesting note the engine is balanced on the motor mounts without the alternator installed so it can be tilted easily to install the transmission. I am curious will the fly wheel and the alternator even it out? 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo