Filled the differential, and attached lots of accessories, wiper motor disassembly

So I started the day with the big job, filling the differential with gear oil and 4 oz of friction modifier. I thought 2 liters would be enough but it didn't drip out so another liter it is. I stuck a wire in and its close to the top. The fluid pump made it super clean although the cold hoses only wanted to loop. I use an electric heater to straighten them out but that didn't last. I used a spring clamp to hold the hose onto the diff so I don't make a huge mess. To get the 4 oz of friction modifier I cut a water bottle and poured 4 oz of water and marked a line and used that to measure and poured it into the half empty liter bottle. The pump was full of oil at the end and only the center can be separated and not the hoses. 
I also installed the painted crash absorbers.

I installed the heater box check valve

The MAP sensor and the vacuum tree. Actually the MAP sensor has a big crack in the front. I may replace it but for now a dab of liquid electrical tape should seal it.

I reattached the clutch cable and the speedometer cable to the frame rail and routed them back under the car.

I put the coil back on the strut tower. I wanted to hide it but that can wait.

I decided to start stripping the wiper motor since it is rough.

Definitely a bit of corrosion. Ill clean up the worse of it but i really just want to paint the housing after the rust is gone.



Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo