1998 mustang caster camber plate install

I took a break from the fox to work on the daily 98 mustang v6. It's had the eibach pro kit on it for 3 years and rides pretty nice.  Also a new set of tires the last 3k miles, so I wanted to get the caster camber plates on before I put more miles and wear the inside of the tires.

A cheap set of caster camber plates came up on amazon for $50 shipped so I grabbed them. Yes, China quality parts and they certainly needed modification during the install.

After figuring out the problem, it was an easy fix. The captured nut on the lower plate was not welded flush.
To remedy i cut the spot weld on 1 side of the nut and squeezed it flat in the vice. I had to tap the nut to clean up the threads.

There was some light rust under the oe stock plate but some acid and a scrub with a wire brush took care of that.

A hit of vht epoxy chassis paint to seal it and all done.
While I was in the wheel well I spotted some rust. No holes yet, but I will need to remediate it before it gets worse. That will be a summer project. Now I can get an alignment done.
It still needs some love in the form of upper control arm bushings. A pita job but I will spend the $40 and get the maximum motorsports tool or Coble together my own. Also theres a squeaky engine accessory that doesn't like cold weather. I haven't had time to look into. Probably tensioner pulley, at least I hope. Knowing my luck it's the water pump bearing and I will end up having to pull the motor. I know it can be done in the car but if the pan and all the accessories have to come off its easier in my opinion to pull the motor. Then I can do the strut tower work. For now I am going back to the fox and hopefully will finish it before summer so I can daily that which will be a lot more fun ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo