wire harness unstuck

Problem solved.
So I solved the problem of the main harness stuck between the master cylinder and the strut tower. I loosened the 4 brake booster bolts above the pedal under the dash. Believe me it was a pita to do 1 handed. I was able to wedge a piece of wood in enough to wiggle the harness around the master cylinder and then tighten back the booster bolts. I had to pull the metal knee plate under the dash just to see the upper bolts and my socket and swivel got stuck on the booster bolts twice and I had to fish it out with a hanger and magnet.

Finished labeling the wires and separated the headlight harness, the crash sensor, the fan relay, the ignition solenoid and the alternator wires.

Now I can work the main trunk and vacuum tree away from the firewall and start cleaning and scuffing for paint. I want to move the tach signal wire to the passenger side and deloom the wires from the ecu to the coil because they route to msd box which is inside the car close to the ecu. Honestly the msd is kind of noisey so I may move it again.


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo