The gross job

No pictures but I spent a good 5 hours under the car doing probably the worst job yet.

Finished straightening the drivers side pinch weld /lower fender mount. Basically beat it into submission.

Wire wheeled from the back of the floor pan to mid seat and halfway up the tunnel.

Scuffed the new pan, the pinch weld, the outter rockers, the passenger side door hinge area and up over the top to the cowl and some of the tunnel with a scotch pad.

Cleaned everything with brake clean and rags.

Sprayed rustoleum rust converter over half the underside of the pan, half the tunnel, half the pinch weld and half the rockers.

I also started scrapping and stripping the blue paint and surface rust off the outside of the motor. I am going to navel jelly it in sections.

I am covered in grime but I got a lot done

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo