Patching the A pillar

11/18/2017

So about an hour of trimming and I have a pretty decent patch ready to tack. I started with a piece of 2 inch tape over the hole and rubbed a pencil over the edges of the hole to mark the tape. Then I pasted the tape on some cardboard and defined the outline of the hole in pencil. Then I cut the tape and cardboard to the line. I traced around the cardboard onto 16ga metal plate. I did a rough cut with an angle grinder and a metal cutting blade. Then I trimmed the metal to the marker line. Back and fourth to the car about a dozen times to trim and refine the piece with the grinder and a metal file.

Now the hard part. I need to get patch to sit right in the hole while I get the first tack in place.


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

ECU Capacitors

The great battle of the seat belt bolt was won.