Painted the rear floor pan

04/08/2019

I finished the rear floorpan, at least to primer.
I ground down all the welds from the rear kick lip to the seat brace. I flapdisc'ed the pan surface rust. Then I used a stiff wire cup brush to knock off any other oxidation and buildup and to scuff the edp. I hit it twice with acetone although I should have paid more attention to the area where the floor pan parts sticker was. Then I used plastic sheeting and taped an overspray shield around my work area. There was definitely some fibers and junk in my paint but I will be using por15 or even strip it all back and do epoxy but that I doubt.

I did work on the floor brace but I need to fill welds on the underside and grind it all back so there is still a lot of work.



Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo