The "rust"oration of a 1991 Ford Mustang GT "foxbody" Cobra Clone.
Affectionately called Rusty Razors and Old Bones because thats what I found under the upper intake.
Center punch for plug weld drilling
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
08/04/2017
I have the pleasure of drilling 116 plug weld holes now that they are all center punched.
I installed the cooling system yesterday. The upper rubber isolators were trashed so I asked my wife, what can you think of thats flat and rubber. She says how about old shoes. So I grabbed an old set of kids water shoes and some shears and just trimmed until they stuck into the brackets. I may paint them but for now it will work. I'll probably pick up all my fluids at once coolant, transmission, power steering. I still need a new fan. I am undecided on 2x 12 inch fans or replace the Taurus fan internals. The shroud is pretty nice but the draw is insane. I might just rewire it and give it a try with a new battery before I give up on it. I have a problem with my creeper it basically kicked all the bearings out of the casters. I have 4 nicer casters around the same size but the mounting points are 2x3 inches. So i am welding additions to the frame.
Installed the new flywheel. Installed the new clutch. Installed the clutch fork and throw out bearing And then the bell housing Installed a new transmission tailshaft seal. I built a sled to drag it into place under the car and there's a bolt that fits the center of my jack through the center board. I may have to pull the shift cause there's exactly 19 inches under the pinch weld and thats the same to the shifter nub.
Finally finished the wiring for the fan controller delay button and the volt meter. I needed to check the amperage draw on the fan controller to make sure the thin wires on the button weren't over loaded so I hooked the dvm and set it to dc amperage. When the fan controller is activated the draw is .39 amps so the switch is fine. i am not sure if I will keep the back light because it outshines everything. I also installed the volt meter in the gauge pod. I wired it to the ignition switch which goes straight to the fuse box. I de-pinned the black and green wire from ignition switch, I wrapped a 16 gauge wire around the back of the pin and soldered it.