it's officially a legit running driving car.

Got my inspection sticker and picked the kids up from school. Cute reactions, if the weather is nice I'll do it again tomorrow.
There are always things on the Todo list:
Battery box cover needs some plastic welding.
Passenger window needs an adjustment and some dry lube.
The passenger side lock doesn't match my key.
I'd like to redo the spare tire area. This might be the winter project. 
The steering shaft needs a weld.
There are 2 little holes in the hatch trough that need a fix.
Need to check the rear light and glass seals. I think our hatch leak is under the spoiler.
I'd like to clean and paint some of the trim. The quarter glass trim is pitted and I'd like to explore sanding and filling.
The fog light relay mod needs to happen.
Speaker install, undecided about a head unit, I was thinking a Bluetooth only unit I have seen in maritime applications. 
Cleaning of the carpets if I don't replace them.
Reinstall the rest of the interior.
Small seat patch for the cigarette burns. 

Now I just want to drive it.

On a sadder note the grey car probably needs ball joints, a differential pinion seal and possibly the cheapo caster camber plates are already knocking. I am undecided about doing the oil pan gasket. I think a clean and watch should be fine since I think most of the oil came from the back of the intake leaking. It also needs the power steering hoses cleaned and tightened.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo