heads cleaned, deck cleaned, heads installed

Cleaned the block, heads and used an old head bolt with a slot cut in the sides to clean out the threaded holes
I got the deck pretty clean by hand with brake clean, a razor and a red scotch pad.
gaskets dropped on
the heads were cleaned by hand with brake clean, a green scotch bright and razor.
i had some trouble seating the passenger head so I dropped old bolts into the lower corners and found the dowels that's way. The torque sequence for the newer cars was intense.
I even broke an extension during the last step 180° turn. I couldn't get the right torque in the bolt under the brake booster because I only had 1 click of ratcheting space and no leverage. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo