digging in to the bad harness

So I started digging in to the harness that came out of the car. 
I zip tied all the branches. I labeled all the connectors that were loose and zip tied the pins to known good pins and marked them. I removed about a quarter of the wrapping. Mostly I was looking for cut wires, wires that were scabbed in and not OE and twist and tape connections.
This cut wire turned out to be a speaker wire for the front speakers.
Now I do have a suspect for the fuel pump mystery. 
There are 2 loose wires in the passenger kick well with no plug. 1 leads to fuse #13 which is lighting and lines up with the shorted wire in the body harness near the cracked floor pans. 
The other I have not completely traced but it shows continuity to a pink wire. 
I have seen that pink wire at the fuel pump relay and the inertia switch. It runs from a green 8 pin connector on the passenger side kick panel over to a black 8 pin connector on the driver's side kick panel that connects to the body harness. If that were to ground out, then the pump would not work. 
Now why someone would scab an extra wire onto the inertia switch I am unsure.
Could be an old kill switch or a way to give a missing signal to the inertia switch. 
I put a good 4 hours into the harness even though it will probably be sold as a parts harness. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo