attack of the bad wiring

The car still dies? I run it for 10 to 25 minutes and it dies. First try was to clean the body grounds for the fuel pump, rear body harness and the ecu ground. 

I have decided to look at all the wiring and repair the harness. The engine harness and body harness are in good shape. (I am also going back through the tfi harness and re-emi shielding the signal wires. I believe that has been removed and needs to be replaced before I got the car) 
The dash harness and ecu harness are rough.
I removed the blower box to access the ecu grommet. Mike Dula on YouTube has a nice video that helped.
I know the ecu relay has a twist and tape and butt connection. The wire gauge was wrong as well.I was able to snake the ecu harness into the engine bay with the msd leads. I may remove those extended leads since I am not running the 6al at the moment and I could put it back closer to OE.
I repaired the ecu relay and a few scored wires after removing all the garbage electrical tape.
i de-pinned the ecu relay to repair the splice because there was no slack.

I attacked the dash harness and routed all the wires back through around the steering column. I labeled everything that wasn't totally obvious. 
If I pull the shroud, cluster and the dimmer I should be able to drop the column and pull the whole harness without dropping the dash again. (Probably the same way the last guy installed this harness.)

I am undecided on replacing the harness because it is really rough. Maybe a 2 out of 10 but an ebay one is like 250-280$. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo