Transmission back in

So today I torqued the bell housing bolts, and put the transmission back in. 

It went in without a struggle. I left the shifter on so there was some up and down to pump the jack a little as I slid it into the bell then the throwout bearing and the through the clutch disc. It stopped at the pilot bearing and I Un-strapped it from the cradle and lifted the shift fork while pushing up and forward on the tail shaft and it dropped into the pilot bearing.

Then I put the two bottom bolts finger tight and pushed up to seat the top bolts.

Tomorrow I will seat the drive shaft and shave an inch off the passenger h-pipe tube. I need that to clearance the exhaust from the gas tank. 

The stock H-pipe will the be able to go back, this time with the hanger, tranny mount and crossmember in 1 piece instead of fighting with the hangers. 

I want to check the rear caliper bleeder because it looked wet last time i saw it.  I want to make sure it doesn't leak and ruin the finish on my rims. Probably just didn't clean it after I bled the brakes but those bleeders were pretty chewed up so those will be replaced next. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo