The great h-pipe fight round 2

I have won the great h-pipe fight for a second time. This time I didn’t mess up my neck and shoulders doing it. 

I was able to lift the h-pipe with a jack and a board and get 3 of the 4 collector flange nuts started but the 4th one fought with all its might. I leaned the motor back and lifted the back of the of the h-pipe close the where it sits with a stack of scrap wood.

I ended up using a pry bar against the bell housing with my other arm jammed into the transmission tunnel holding the flange.

I didn't bother with washers because I can go back and add them now that it's seated on the studs.

Now I can slip the cross member and transmission mount in and bolt it up to the bottom of the tranny and jack it all back into place.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo