Exhaust system

So I started putting the exhaust back on. I fought the oe catted h-pipe for a good 3 hours. I closed up the egr pipe because I don't have any of the other pieces. I may eventually revive it.

I bent the transmission bracket which a wrench because it was wonky on the drivers side and finally just put it on my belly and knees and muscled it into place. 

Then I see the mid pipes are custom cut to the bbk h-pipe. The oe pipe has about a 1 inch difference between the short and long tubes.

The bbk is about 3.5 between the short and long tubes.


After a think, I decide I will extend the oe h-pipe this way the bbk h-pipe still fits.

I ordered 2x 2.25 exhaust extensions from amazon and they will be here Friday. I can just cut the flanges off the oe pipe and butt weld it out from under the car and slit and clamp the pipe over the oe tube. 
The I installed the O2 sensors just to button things up. 
I still have to save the speedometer cable from getting melted by the header.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo