Brake battle lost

So the first slide pin I got out. The second not so much. It bent while I was working it in the vise and it snapped where the threads end. I may still try to work it out to keep the braket for a spare. Also failed at knocking the broke stud out of the axel.

I had success using a pry bar in the vise.
So I ordered a new one for $19 from rockauto with new pins a new caliper piston and seal kit. I am hoping to rebuild the passenger side caliper and not have to replace it.

For the life of me I could not get the right slide pin boots. The ones on there 2 were ok and 2 were just wrong and those were all I was seeing on the part sites. I ended up ordering these random ones from o Reillys because they look roughly like the good ones. 

I can't go further with the brakes because you need it back together to bleed it.

I'll get the driveshaft u joint monday and I can put the drive shaft and h-pipe on.

Tonight I will put the upper intake back on and look at the interior wiring. I need to do a main ground stud in the fendor well and a ground strap on the back of one of the heads.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo