Differential flush clean, Painting parts I cleaned yesterday

The fluid was a nice honey color with no water. I totally expect black and burnt.


After the cover was first opened and the gear look sharp and new.

The lid as expected was dirty and had a paper and fiber gasket. Looks like some tried to reuse it.



Covered the gears to clean the mating surface.

Cleaning the cover took the longest. Basically used half a large can of brake clean and even melted my plastic scraper.

You can just see the 273 above the ford logo so I was correct with my wheel to pinion rotation guess.

The cover finally clean and ready to go back. I used a plastic razor to get all the gasket off and clean it but I had to use some scotchbrite to finish it.

All hand tight ready to torque I gave it 15 min to setup before torquing it down.

I sprayed the engine mounts with high heat paint and the absorbers with vht epoxy paint. I know the single stage isn't real epoxy but it was that or rustoleum and I wanted it dry by the evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo