Time off, small projects and a random shop idea

I have taken so time off of the project car. Honestly I got a job 3 days a week and moved my babysitter off of the other days so I can work. That has cut all my garage time. Then there has been some travel, some sickness and just living life.

I have done some small automotive projects. I added in the ebrake cables and started planning the routing to avoid the exhaust. Just ziptied them until I can make the bracket that pins them to the top of the tunnel. Just 2 .53" holes 2.63" apart. I was going to use 16g sheet but I decided to go thicker. I already have a cardboard template that fits so it's some cutting and bending.

On the daily 98 v6 I replaced the pigtail on the electric fan. I was going to solder but twisting 10 gauge wire without a ton of slack was a pain. Id need to use the liquid electrical tape and i just wanted it done. I chose weatherproof heat shrink butt connectors.

On to the random shop idea. My workbench is small. 4 foot. I have my vise in the middle. I recently broke the hunk of wood that it was mounted on and decided it needs and upgrade. Basically I want to mount a ball hitch flush to the edge of the workbench and setup my vise on a base with a hitch connector. I can also make some anvil type pieces that have hitch attachments.
The plan is I have 20 by 10 inch piece of half inch steel and I'd mount this to the counter top of the work bench and the hitch welded under it. I will probably wait for the summer to attack that one.


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo