Ebrake bracket fab

So I decided to fab my own disc brake e-brake bracket for the 91 fox. I had some fairly thick scrap salvaged from the arms of an old office chair.
 I went under the car and cut a rough design out of cardboard. I modified it on the fly to account for the remaining scrap i was using after I made the first piece. I marked the holes the width of the cable hook bracket. I bent the bracket in the vise. Then drilled the cable holes with a step bit.
 I welded on an extra length for a mounting tab to spread the load on the transmission tunnel.
Then I welded the gusset tabs and ground back the welds. I will add 2 washers to space it down on the tunnel and clear some existing hardware. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo