Lets try the seam sealer again

So after sleeping on the problem of the seam sealer tube that won't flow, I came up with 2 ideas. Of course I covered the tip in plastic and electrical taped it to hopefully keep it viable.
First idea, I may not have heated it enough with the hot water. This time I stuck it on top of my boiler which is about 90 degrees ambient temperature an hour beforehand. The second idea is to use a bolo tie down and twist it around the caulk gun grips and then use a stick to twist it tighter instead of using all the strength in my hands.
I am going to vacuum and clean the engine bay of dust and heat with a space heater while I continue seam sealing because I'd like to get the top coat done.

Its the end of the day and it has been a long one.
So heating up the seam sealer in the 90 degree territory made it just passable to finish everything.
1 tube really went far. All the seams, all the spotwelds, the main pinch weld underneath on both sides inside the front torque box and all the little divots left by the fiberglass filler on the bottom. I went over the back of the pans with sealer just to be sure. I also did the seat mounts so water doesn't get to the welds. I am going to let everything chill for a week and por15 everything.





Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo