Suspension still fighting

So what did you do all day. Fight with a suspension system, how bout you?

I removed the drivers side upper control arm to body bolt, both bolts to the drivers side lower control arm and then I realized I have to move the jack stand. Why because it's basically preventing the lower control arm from going any lower. I can't lift from the diff because the drivers side spring and half the suspension system is out and I can't get to the frame rail because the jack stand is in the way never mind my jack being too short since I have been lifting it from the diff. I am sure i can find a sketchy way to fix this but thats when i gave up.
Another day I will pull the sway bar bolts and see if I can wiggle out the control arm because then finally I might be able to get that exhaust pipe out. I removed the quad shocks from their brackets by chiseling out their washers and then the remaining rubber bushings which were completely disinterested.
I also removed the studs from both quad shock brackets by cutting them to a half inch and smashing it through with a sledge hammer into a socket. Of course I spent an hour trying to dremel off the head and punch them through backwards then I realized there was a recessed star pattern under the head.

So now to get:
2 quad shocks
2 grade 8 bracket bolts
2 diff mount bolts
2 shocks that can swap into the other car so I can reclaim my eibach suspension from that car.
1 set Spring isolators
1 mid pipe flange
And a new vise


Popular posts from this blog

Flywheel, clutch, bell housing and some other details

power steering rack line seals

water pump redo